Fast Forward 15 2019 mentees confirmed
Fast Forward 15, the award-winning mentoring programme for women in travel and events has revealed its 2019/2020 intake. The new mentees will each be assigned a mentor who, over the coming year, will help set personal and commercial goals and will guide and coach their mentee to increase confidence and to capitalise upon their network.
This year’s intake sees the selection of two international mentees and highlights the recognition and respect the mentoring programme has in the European events sector. Diana Kaye Frederiksen, sales manager congresses & guest events (International & UK) is based in Stockholm and works for Stockholmsmässan International Congress & Exhibition Center while Sarah Skavron works for GCB German Convention Bureau.
Mentees are drawn from corporate, charity and agency backgrounds and underwent a rigorous interview process before being accepted on the scheme. In addition to the international mentees, Fast Forward 15’s intake is made up of:
- Amanda Pezzaniti, business development manager, Cookson Adventures
- Agnes Morgan, technology executive / Final Year Undergraduate Events Management Student Ashfield Meetings & Events / University of Plymouth
- Eleanor Harding , senior event organiser, Age UK
- Jessica Lockyer, group travel consultant, BCD Meetings and Events
- Cate Hawkes, sales incentive events specialist, NFU Mutual
- Elena Staszak, head of events, Marketing Nordics, SAS Institute
- Alexandra Weatherstone, project coordinator, Ahead Partnership
- Rachael Kenny, event coordinator, Investors in People
- Megan Anstee, event manager, We Are Futures
- Katherine Nelles, market manager - UK & Ireland, VisitScotland
- Sophie Huddlestone, senior event planner, The Cocktail Service
- Kathryn Winfiled, sales manager, BMA House – part of British Medical Association
- Nadisha Jayatissa, event manager, Freelance
2019’s intake marks the 5th year of the scheme which is supported by BCD M&E. Fast Forward 15 has had a demonstrable impact on female future talent in the events and business travel sectors.
Fay Sharpe, founder of Fast Forward 15, said: “We have another amazing group this year and I cannot wait to see them develop their confidence, break their personal barriers and achieve their goals. Each person has been paired with a business leader who is there to enable and encourage the very best from their mentee and once again, I am indebted to the mentors who give their time for free.”