ABPCO welcomes new chairs
ABPCO’s (The Association of British Professional Conference Organisers) AGM, which took place digitally on 21 June, saw Emma Duffy from the Stroke Association and Sarah Byrne from Mosaic Events begin their two-year tenure as joint chairs of the association.
The online AGM was attended by more than 60 ABPCO members, who joined to hear details of the association’s recent successes as well as plans for the future.
At the AGM, Duffy and Byrne outlined their plans for the coming years, which focus on five key pillars:
• Membership growth to 200 members by 2027
• Organisational growth to £200,000 income per annum by 2027
• Being more mindful of the niche segments and specialist skills amongst the membership and providing appropriate content, resources and support to meet their needs
• Amplifying ABPCO’s external voice through communications, knowledge sharing and research
• Being recognised as the voice of PCOs in the UK, with a focus on important issues such as EDI and sustainability
Outgoing chairs Barbara Calderwood and Mike Smith, also discussed their achievements over the last two years and in particular the success and legacy of the inaugural Festival of Learning.
Duffy commented: “Sarah and I look forward to working with the membership over the coming two years as we deliver a strategy that will see ABPCO continue to strengthen its position at the heart of the market. We are an incredibly strong community, and we want to continue attracting new members as we demonstrate our value in the years ahead.”