International Confex launches Smart Venue Summit
International Confex has announced the launch of the Smart Venue Summit, a networking and knowledge-sharing event set to take place on the eve of the show on 25 February 2019, 2pm-7pm.
The new event will look at the changing venue landscape as new technology and innovations increasingly become a vital part of their infrastructure and offering to organisers, exhibitors and delegates.
The content programme will include:
- An organiser wish list from outgoing MA Exhibitions MD Ed Tranter
- Case study of an international smart venue – RAI Amsterdam
- Venue tech showcase – an overview of the marketplace
- Future of venue tech – discerning innovation from gimmick from must-have
- 5G – what exactly will it mean for venues?
- Getting it right from the start – build and refurb
International Confex event director Liz Agostini commented: “There is a huge amount of knowledge and experience amongst the venue IT & tech infrastructure directors both in the UK and globally. All are concerned with future-proofing their spaces from a tech perspective, whatever stage of development their venues are at, and are making decisions on huge sums of investment.
“The idea of the Smart Venue Summit is to create a forum where those at the coal-face can get together to share knowledge and benefit from each other’s experience and perspective.”
The event will cost £220 per head for attendees, while venue exhibitors at International Confex will enjoy two free places. For further information contact AKinchington@mashmedia.net or call 0208 481 1122.